Thursday, August 30, 2007

Our Basement...A Work In Progress

I wasn't going to post about our basement work until it was all finished but since that will still be awhile, I thought I would post "Basement Updates" as we progress. I don't know if it will interest you, but it will give me something to blog about.:)
So, I will give you some photos of what we have been doing and then you can see what we have been working on in our spare time for the last few weeks.


This is our "basement before" pictures ( I cannot believe I am posting this for everyone in the world to see!!) Oh well, the worse it looks now, the better it gets right? Now you know why I HAD to have a yard sale.



This is "during" moments. A LOT of stuff sold in the yard sale so nothing came back inside. However, as you can see, it is still very disorganized.





The lumber is here!! We are building a wall and dividing our basement in half (garage on one side and family room/school room on the other side). Would you believe that Jimmy showed the boys how to unload and stack the 2x4's and they unloaded all of it together without Daddy's help? What big helpers! The more we bragged on them the stronger they got! I love kids!!








Jimmy and his dad talking and building....you can see in this picture where we painted to.



That is it for now. I will have more pictures later. I am going to try to drywall that wall. That should provide for some funny pictures!:) Till later....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are going to drywall? Now that I need to see a picture of. And your basement is looking so much better already...wow! Good job.

ap

Joy said...

Okay, so now I've seen it "before." :) I know you can't wait 'til it's finished. It's looking great!

The Carpenter Family said...

Alicia,
The boys are so cute helping! Wow...you did a great job on your basement!