Sunday, December 16, 2007

Catching Up Again...

We are back home in OH after a week of Christmas with family in TN. We spent the first part of the week with my family and spent the second half of the week with Jimmy's family. With my family, we rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge instead of buying presents for all of the adults. Nevin and Jennibeth were in from Idaho and so all of the rest of our growing family came together. I had not seen Nevin and his family for a year and a half. It was so good to see them and their adorable boys. Niki and Brian were there with their adorable new baby girl who I have been dying to meet! It was so wonderful holding and snuggling her. Niki is already a wonderful mommy. Nathan was there with his 3 beautiful children. They are growing up so fast! Of course, Mom and Dad and Asher, Cierra and John, and then both sets of my grandparents, Esther and my Uncle Mike. We had such a blast together!! The cabin was very big and the kids were able to play to their hearts content. Angela and Stephanie came Tuesday morning and we all went ot the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge and Angela took family pictures for us. If you have read her blog, we were the huge group she was talking about!!
Wednesday night, Nevin preached at my dad's church and some of my cousins came over to see us all. It was so fun! After church we went on to Jimmy's parents house (about an hour from mine) and stayed through Saturday morning. We came back home to snow and cold weather (which we are glad for) and some colds.
We are heading out in the morning for a full day of Christmas shopping in Cincinnati. I am VERY excited about all that! I love to go Christmas shopping. I am praying for good deals since we have not bought the children anything yet!
I did not take a lot of pictures on my camera because my batteries died and I forgot to pack my charger. Esther took lots of pictures and is going to send me all of them so then I will have more to share.
This is all I have time to update for now. There is so much more I could say but I am going to hit the hay so I have the energy I need to shop all day tomorrow! Oh...the trials of getting older!:)

My Grandpa Bob (my mom's dad) with all the great grandchildren:


My Grandpa Charles (my dad's dad) with all the great grand children:


The aprons I gave my nieces (and Briley)


Me and Halle (finally!!)

1 comment:

wilkersonhome said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time together! Can't wait to see some of Angela's pictures!
Love the pic of you and Halle!
Aprons are so cute--do you have an embroidery machine? My mom is here now and brought hers... just trying to find time to use it! :)