First of all, I want to talk about my Macey since I didn't get to say what I wanted to about her when I posted her birthday.
My Macey is a perfect baby. Not really, but she almost is. She is so easy going, she only cries when she is hungry or wants to go to bed. Speaking of which, she loves her little bed. When she is sleepy, she wants to be laid down. She crawls up into the upper left corner and grabs the sheet in her chubby little hand and licks it until she goes to sleep. She wakes up cheerful and wanting kisses. She loves to be outside and adores her siblings. They adore her also and sometimes almost smother her with love (until she has had enough!) She is attached to her mommy and daddy and loves to snuggle us. I am so thankful that the Lord has given us Macey. Macey means "gift from God" and her middle name is "Joy" and it couldn't be more fitting. She truly is our joyful gift from God. I am honoured that the Lord would allow me to be her mommy.

Next, I want to talk about our Ladies Banquet. I am so upset with myself because I forgot my camera!! Joy was taking pictures of all of our ladies that night and only had so much room on her camera that we couldn't take any candid shots. We had a wonderful evening and a great turnout! We had 60 ladies and 13 little girls. My dear friend Stephanie Fowler came and spoke for us. This is her 3rd year in a row to do this and I believe we have established a tradition that will continue! Mark always preaches for us on the Sunday after our banquet. They both did such a tremendous job! We always enjoy their company so much. They are true friends and we cherish every second with them. Our banquet was Friday evening so we had all day Saturday to "play". We went to Cincinnati to the Children's Museum. It was so fun. Sunday was a busy church day and Monday we relaxed and hung out at the house. The Cassidy girls came over and gave us a personal concert:) since Mark didn't get to hear them sing at the Ladies Banquet. We also made homemade butter with the kids. It is so easy and fun! You just buy heavy whipping cream, put it in an enclosed container, and shake like crazy. It will suddenly just clump together. It is very soft but will harden in the fridge. We added honey to ours and it was delicious!! We had the kids around the table and they all took turns shaking - even Maddie and Audrey! We had them tell a story while they were shaking. It was so funny. They would get to telling their stories (mostly how they have been hurt in their little short lives)and forget to shake the container. We would have to remind them to "keep shaking". It was a lot of fun. Then, they had to go home:( We miss them!




Joy posted about our little town parade we had and Jimmy decided that we would have a float and use it as an evangelistic tool. Instead of us going out to the town, we would let the town come out to us that week! We had so much fun. Joy posted the pictures as she took them all that day so be sure to check out her blog.
Our town had a flood. We kind of sit up on a hill but the church basement did flood some. We are still fighting the smell of the carpet! Our county was delcared a disaster area. There was a lot more damage on the outskirts of town where it is lower in elevation. We drove around and looked after the rain stopped and it was something!!





Last of all (for this post) are a few pictures of some of the projects I was talking about in my last post.
This is my "new-to-me" island in my kitchen. I painted it and hung hooks on the sides for my towels. My windows still need curtains. I have the material, I just need my Mom here to give me moral support before I cut it!!
This is my $50 fireplace. I just love it. It fits perfectly between my windows!
This is my painted/reupholstered dining chairs that someone gave me. That was a fun project. Our deacon made me the bench. I painted it and still need to paint the legs of my table. He has already made me a bench for the other side but I have not painted it yet. I am going to uphoster them with the same fabric as the chairs but then upholster a thick clear shower curtain over the upholstery so that they will be kid friendly benches!! We'll see how it turns out!Here are some basement pictures. We still have to finish the ceiling somehow but we couldn't until we got it all wired.



Well, I think that about catches me up for all of my summer projects. I'm sure there will be more later! I will try to get on here in a few more days to post about a little "reunion" I had with some old friends the first part of this week. I still have to download all of those pictures. I am going to try to get in the habit of posting smaller and more often!!
4 comments:
You're a busy gal and I admire you. So looking forward to seeing you all again next month.
Love,
Peggy
Busy, busy=) I love your fireplace--is it just for looks of does it work? I couldn't tell--not that I am a real expert=)
We have just finished painting the exterior of our house, weeded, mulched, planted flowers, painted the legs of my dining room table, painted a picnic table and benches, edited and weeded out the house, closets,....you name it we have been into it!!! So I understand your schedule entirely---aaah! I am ready for a break. I don't think it will come anytime soon. We are trying to sell our house, so it has been crazy this week!
Loved your notes about sweet Macey. She is a doll, just like her mommy!
Just stopping by to say "hi." It's been a while! You sure have been busy, but everything looks great! I'm sure it's such a great feeling seeing what you've been able to do. Do you get on VUH often? I haven't been over there in a very long time. My schedule just stays so busy! I'm actaully reading blogs on my lunch shift today. I enjoyed your post. Take care!
Alicia,
What a transformation in your basement! I know you love it! The fireplace is absolutely beautiful and fits so perfectly! It's great to see pics of the sweet Fowler family. Loved all the birthday celebration pics for Caleb--looks like a memorable day! Did you get him a box of books? (We love books.)
Post a Comment