Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where do I begin?

I guess I will list a few miscellanious things and then I will end with Easter pictures so hang in there with me!:)

Here is a picture of Audrey. When Niki came to visit me, we set Audrey down to trim the back of her. I left the room for "just a second" to get a spray water bottle and when we came back, we found that Audrey had already cut her hair. Niki and I were immediately horrified and we both dramatically yelled "AUDREY!!!!" She commenced to bursting out in violent sobs and so I, being a tender hearted mother, grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. To balance it out, we took pictures of her trim and her smiles:)



Let's see...then we had a "blizzard". At least, that's what the news kept calling it. I think it was beautiful!! I loved all the snow! I enjoyed it but now I am very ready for spring!





We had 3 people get baptized 2 weeks ago and so I thought I would show you a picture of where our baptistry is. It is under the platform!! You have to take up the floor and there it is! Jimmy always gets nervous preaching over that much water...j/k:)
The men of our church take the platform apart and put it back together like pros!


On Easter, we also had Baby Dedication Day here at the church for children 2 and under. It was very sweet for all of us parents dedicating ourselves to serve the Lord and raise our children for Him. Here are my two precious girlies with their pastor:)



Here are some Easter poses:










I will end this post with an exciting story that happened a couple days ago. Isaiah walked into our mailbox coming home from church and scratched the side of his head pretty good. Well, sure enough it was rusty and he was not caught up on his shots. So, Wednesday morning, he went and got his shots caught up. Two shots in each thigh. I got back home with him around 10:00 a.m., finished up school with the oldest two (their daddy had been doing it with them while I was gone) and sent them to the backyard to enjoy our beautiful day while I was getting ready for lunch. I heard a scream and ran to the backyard. The kids had found an old 2x4 and leaned it up against their swingset slide to make a "new" slide. Briley had tried to slide down the board and had a huge chunk of wood stuck in her upper left thigh. (She had a pair of thim culottes on and it ripped them). When I looked at her leg, this big chunk of wood was hanging out of her. When I touched it, it broke off in my hand leaving half of it embedded in her leg. I brought her in and tried to figure out how in the world I could get that out. It was too far in to reach with tweezers and too deep to gouge at it with a needle. Jimmy and I decided she would have to go to the doctor and have it removed. So, off I went again. The doctor gave her 3 shots of lidocain(sp) in her leg, took a small scalpel, cut open her skin and took some long pointed tweezers and tugged and tugged. He finally managed to get it out. He said there was no way in the world I would have gotten it out which I was already quite sure of. So, we got back home, went to church and after church Audrey started crying that her diaper hurt. I have been trying to potty train her and since her diaper was dry, I figured she maybe needed to go to the potty. I brought her home and told her to go and she screamed as she tried. I thought "Oh no! She is getting some kind of infection!" So, I went to Wal-Mart and got some cranberry juice and Vitamin C, gave her fluids and ibuprofen and sent her to bed. She fell asleep quickly and had wet her diaper before I went to bed.
We all slept good and Thursday morning at family devotions, my thanksgiving was that Wednesday was over!!:) So, the last two days have been calmer with the exception of Isaiah walking kind of stiff-legged!
I think this catches the Reagan family up for awhile. Pray for my mom. She is really sick and they are not sure what is wrong. They put her in the hospital tonight to run some tests. Possibly pancritis but they don't know. They think something is infected somewhere so please pray for her. Thank you!

6 comments:

Joy said...

As I read again about your Wednesday, it makes me want a nap. :) I know it really wore you out having a day like that.

I hadn't seen Audrey's hair picture yet. Poor little thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Good catch up. Boy, Audrey really did a job on her hair. I'm sorry, but I have to laugh! I know what you mean about being glad a day is over. Is it okay to be glad last week is over??? :)

Looking forward to seeing you!

Niki said...

Lish,

Those pictures of Audrey made me laugh all over again. I can still hear our horrified "Audrey!" as we walked in the room. What a little cutie! Her Easter pictures show a great recovery from her hair disaster. Your kids are so cute!!! Briley's Easter pictures, with her hair all curly, look so much like you at that age. I don't always see the resemblance, but wow! We'll have to dig out some pictures when we're at Mom's. By the way, I am glad your Wednesday is over too. Sounds like you had a "Jonah day". Love you!

Niki

thefaulkfamily said...

i read your blog to Tom and we just laughed. As as Mom, you dread those kind of days, but know that they will come. With two boys, i just know that they will think of the homemade slide too. maybe i should read them about Briley's experience to discourage them.

Have an uneventful day tomorrow.
april

wilkersonhome said...

Alicia,
Your Easter pics are wonderful! I love the stained glass at your church.
Have you recovered from this day you had? We recently had the terrible hair cuts--two at the same time! But it is boys, so they can get by with military hair cuts. :)

Jennie Bender said...

I have had days like that, boy, you are thankful when you finally lay flat in the bed (hoping it remains quiet for a few hours!)! I will pray for your mom. My Mom is still recovering from breast cancer. She just finished radiation 2 weeks after Darcy Ellynn was born (Aug.). It has been a rough year for her. Love to all, your family is so beautiful! I am sure they are as spunky as they look=)

Jennie B.