Last Sunday morning, we woke up to the town water tower (which is right next to our church parking lot) spraying water everywhere. It had built up too much pressure and had started leaking! It was only about 10 degrees outside so the spray from the tower was freezing on the grass and tree branches. It was so gorgeous!!



I had my camera at church already because we were having a baptizing! 4 children and 1 adult man got baptized last Sunday. Even though it was very cold outside, the water was 92 degrees thanks to some cattle trough warmers one of our men supplied.:)
Our baptistry tank is located under the platform. So, we have to plan baptisms so that we can do a few at a time. We have to lift the floor off of the platform and take off all the platform furniture (including the pulpit). Because there is a railing around the platform, you can hardly see when children get batized. So, everyone gathers around the front of the church to watch. It is such a special time. Isaiah was getting baptized so of course I was up close for pictures!! The older lady is Mrs. Geneva. She tells me that all of my children are cute but that Isaiah...he has stolen her heart. She faithfully brings him a gift every Sunday!! Talk about spoiled!! I insisted that she not do that and she begged me to let her. She said it gives her something to look forward to. She always encourages him to share with his siblings and he always does so cheerfully. Anyway, when it was his turn to get baptized, she came forward and knelt down near him and bawled like a baby. It was so sweet I just had to take a picture of it. He adores her and she does him...but then again we all adore him!:)





That afternoon, one of Briley's best buddies (Callie) came over and they had a tea party. This is their "Tea Attire". Let's see...I believe they were actually Lady Elizabeth and Lady Bentley.


On Monday, while the little ones slept, the older 3 kids and I walked down to our local drugstore which still operates an old time soda fountain. It is about 3 or 4 blocks. It was SOOOOO cold outside!! We ordered real flavored drinks (3 strawberry Sprites and a real cherry Coke) and we sat and drank those. Then, we ordered 4 yummy hot chocolates for our walk home. She put about an inch of marshmallow cream on top. All of that for $3.00!! It was cheap fun. My children have not mastered the art of drinking and walking at the same time and it took a very long time to get back home. Step....stop....drink....step....stop....drink....you get the idea.:)

Let's see...Tuesday school, Wednesday school and church, oh yeah, Macey is getting very close to sitting up. She sits a long time with pillows around her. I took this picture on one of those days.

Thursday, it snowed here. It was so pretty. We have gotten several of the little snows this year already. I just love it. Just enough to cover the ground real good but you can still get out and about if you need to. This was Audrey's first time of getting to go out and play in the snow. Her big sissy took her out and they had a wonderful time. Briley is so good with her. I trust her to take care of her better than many teenagers I know. The boys went out too but they came in a lot quicker than the girls. We had to make the girls come in because it was getting very cold!
My parents came in for a quick visit Thursday evening on their way home from Niki and Brian's house. They left Friday morning but it was fun to get them for a little while.





I was kind of lazy the rest of the day after Mom and Dad left. Whenever company leaves, I always feel kind of blah you know? You hate to see people leave. So, I straightened up the house some, and cuddled up with books and kids for the afternoon. We did movies and popcorn as a family for the evening. Great day!!
Today, I had a Mary Kay party. It was a lot of fun. Some of the ladies from my church came and laughed at me as I tried to put on mascara (have never worn the stuff!). We had a great time together. It is obvious that I am now spending some of my evening updating my blog.:)
Thank you all for being interested in the life of my family. I am so thankful to the Lord for the many wonderful memories that He has allowed us to make. When you sit and start writing these things down, it makes you stop and reflect on how sweet and wonderful the little moments of our lives truly are. I am so thankful for all the little moments that I have been given. May I never take advantage of a single one.
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing some of your "little moments" with us! I truly enjoy reading about your sweet family!
Your baptism service looks neat. We actually use a horse trough, but i don't think we have a warmer!! :)
I always love seeing your pictures. It makes me feel like I'm not quite so far away from your everyday life. So glad to see Isaiah getting baptized. I wish I could have been there! Love you all.
What a fun post...something for everybody! That is an adorable picture of Macey.
It was so good to see you at Jamin and Joy's...and Jackson's! Glad you all are doing well. It's hard to believe we are so close "yet so far away". Maybe in a few months we can take advantage of the distance and visit. I'm not traveling very well right now. We'll have to wait until this little girl gets here.
Love you all!
Jeanene
Post a Comment