Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Update...

I am doing a quick update today because I will not post the rest of the week...maybe:)
Actually, Macey and I are heading off to Niki's house tomorrow morning bright and early. Niki really wanted me to come and help her get ready for the baby. She has to have a home study by the state for adoption and I am going to help her get her house ready. We are also going to go baby shopping (yeah!!!) and maybe work on the baby's nursery (at least plan it). She has come and stayed with me for every baby I have had so I owe her big!! Jimmy is keeping all of the rest of the kids at home with him so pray that I can find my way to PA!:) Briley gets to play wife and mommy while I am gone so we are going to go shopping this afternoon for her "grocery" list of foods that she can cook. I think we are up to baked chicken, eggs and cinnamon toast, and biscuits. Along with milk and a lot of deli meat I think they will all survive until I get back Saturday. Caleb actually told Briley that he was looking forward to her being the mom!
Okay...now a basement update...I spent all of yesterday afternoon and evening putting the first coat of mud on my drywall. My walls now have the chicken pox. My goal is that by the end of next week, my walls will be ready to paint. YEAH!! This has been a lot of work but I will be so proud when it is done and I can say that I did it. Now, how wicked and prideful is that? Hope you get a kick out of this picture. Jimmy snapped it while I was working away. I am afraid I look quite dorky - toolbelt and all!!


Oh, the mess of drywalling!!

Okay, what else can I ramble about? Oh yeah...fall. Okay, I am having a hard time getting in the fall spirit because it is still so hot! We broke records here in Ohio this week for the heat at this time of year. We keep hearing that we are going to have a doozy of a winter because of the long, hot and dry summer. We shall see. Back to fall though. Jimmy said to me "Aren't you going to get your fall decorations out?" To which I replied, "It does not feel like fall therefore it is not fall." I finally accepred that I was in denial and the kids and I got the fall stuff out that very day and decorated. I am glad I did because even though it is 90 degrees outside, the colors and smells of fall in my home make me happy. I think it might even get cooler here this week so maybe fall is truly around the corner. Here are some of our fall decorations in the dining room. The last picture is dark but I think it is kind of neat because of the candles glowing. That is exactly how it looks in the evening when I have the lights out and only the candles lit. It is so peaceful to me. I love candles!



Now just a few candid shots of the kids:
Isaiah and Audrey help me tidy the house in the morning and I snapped these picture of them helping me. They love it!



Caleb telling Macey the story of the 3 bears. You should have heard her laughing. It was so cute!


One of Briley's favorite things...coloring!


My Macey girl...

5 comments:

thefaulkfamily said...

i love reading your blog. it is so sweet to hear the love in your voice for your family.

The Bryants said...

Drywalling is so much fun, isn't it? We've done a couple of walls in our basement too. Well, Harley did most of the work and I did most of the clean-up. The dust is incredible! We're getting ready to finish 2 walls in the guest room so that Havana will ahve her own room. Looking forward to it...ha!

Your pictures are adorable. Your home looks so cozy and look at those blue eyes Macy has!!

Stephanie Fowler said...

Love seeing pictures of the house. Next best thing from being there myself...well not a very close next. Love seeing the kiddos. Can't wait to just give them a hug.

Hope you have a good time with Nikki.

Stephen Troell said...

Thanks for the update. We love seeing the photos. The kids are so cute! We are praying that the Lord will work everything out for Brian and Niki.

Anonymous said...

Alicia! She is soooooo beautiful! Look at those eyes! My goodness you guys have the most beautiful children!