Sunday, September 16, 2007

Put up with me...

If you all can manage to swallow a little of my gushings then read on. I have been thinking how thankful I am for my husband and I thought I would post a little something about him.
My "Gem" is not only my very best friend in this whole world, but also the best husband and father a woman could ever dream about. Oh, I know he isn't perfect but he is perfect for me. He has to be the most patient and loving man I have ever known. He has to be to live with me!!
Jimmy is a quiet natured person so it is hard for people to get to know the "real" him. He is a very strong leader but he does it in a quiet way. When he decides something is right, he just goes that way no matter what anyone thinks but he will do it in the kindest way. I love so many things about him but I think his leadership is one of the things I love the most.
I watched him today as he preaches...he has such a passion for the Word of God. He is a wonderful pastor. He truly loves his flock. He shepherds them and leads them. He doesn't drive them. He wants them to follow because they love and respect him not because they are fearful of him. He wants them to only follow him as he follows our Lord and that is who they are ultimately following. His people truly love him too and I think it is because they know that he loves them.
What a preacher, what a pastor, what a father, what a husband, what a guy!! My "Gem" ~ Jimmy Reagan.
I love you honey!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful post. How wonderful to have such a strong leader for your family. I am so glad the Lord brought the two of you together...you are perfect for one another!

ap

Stephanie Fowler said...

Okay...I read it all! You are so sweet. I am so glad the Lord brought you together! He is so perfect for you! The both of you make a wonderful example of a Christian marriage.

Ski's Lady said...

It was a bit sappy, but oh so sweet! What a godly example you are to all of us! And to think of the example you are setting for your children!! Wonderful posting!

Joy said...

Are you a little proud? I thought pride was bad. :) j/k I know you are so thankful for him. It's a good reminder for me to be thankful for the husband God has given me. We love you all!

~The Neal's~ said...

Hey Lish,
I just had to leave this comment...this is a good thing...lol, you and Jimbo, yea, ummm..ya'll look so ..umm ..what's the word I'm looking for here?..Yea, WISE...I mean like very intelligent people. I love your blog...I just wish you would update it more, 'course I understand why you don't...I was just kidding by the way, no not about the whole looking wise part..ya'll really do look wise, lol...I mean this is a really good picture of you guys! Love ya, I've said enough!..lol, hope I made you miss me! Miss you guys! Talk to you soon I hope.