On July 3rd we had a church family over for a cook-out. Carl knows all kinds of karate stuff so he was going to teach us some self defense. You talk about crazy stuff! Briley was having the time of her life (she was his guinea pig). Now, she pretty much thinks she is a karate expert. It is so funny! He had me doing this "windmill of death" thing with these big sticks...I about knocked myself out - okay I am not very coordinated!

On July 4th we had a town parade that was a lot of fun. My kids had 3 Wal-Mart bags of candy!! They got to pick out their favorites and the rest was donated to "charity":)


On Friday the 6th, we had a church picnic and fireworks at the Thomas' home (a family in our church). We played volleyball and hillbilly golf and everyone brought food. The kids played in wading pools together and took 4-wheeler rides. It was so much fun. It started at 4:00 and we did not get home until midnight!
The next morning several of our church families went together as a group to the new Ken Ham Creation Museum in Cincinatti. It was awesome! We had a great day learning all about God's world as Creationists.

We had church all day Sunday (with a nursing home service in the afternoon) and missionaries coming for the night service. After church Sunday night we loaded up and headed to Niki and Brian's house in PA. We got in around 2:00 in the morning. After sleeping in a bit, we all headed off to the Pittsburgh Zoo to spend the day. It was very hot but we had a wonderful time together.
On Tuesday, we had a low key day. We ate out and CiCi's Pizza and of course Niki and I had to head to Christopher and Banks where I got a khaki skirt for $2.99 - yeah!!
Brian made a bonfire and we made smore's with the kids till after dark. It was fun!
We came home yesterday, got stuck in traffic where a bad wreck had been, and walked in church 5 minutes before church started! Whew!! Not a good thing for the Pastor and church pianist to do on a regular occasion.:)
So, I think I am caught up for now (except I am going to post zoo pictures later). But since we have 4 Crown girls coming in Monday for a week, then fair ministry, then VBS, I should have plenty to post!
So...TTFN!
2 comments:
Wow! You all have been busy. Everything looks like fun. I like how you have the four pictures in one of the creation museum. Jamin and I would LOVE going there...maybe we can sometime. Congrats on the khaki skirt find! That's my kind of shopping!
Boy have you been busy!!! At least you won't run out of things to post. :o) Briley the karate expert...that's funny! Hope you guys have a great week!
ap
Post a Comment